Eligibility and Accounts
- All University of Chicago faculty and staff researchers within the Social Sciences Division who are eligible to be Principal Investigator (PI) can obtain a MidwaySSD PI account by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All general users (students, postdoctoral researchers, collaborators, etc.) who collaborate with PIs affiliated with the Social Sciences Division can apply for a MidwaySSD account.
- Instructors affiliated with the Social Sciences Division are eligible to apply for an education allocation to access MidwaySSD for their courses. Course students’ accounts will remain active for the period of course enrollment with limited storage and monitored service hours.
- Sponsored Ph.D. candidates are eligible to apply for a MidwaySSD account.
Here are the steps to follow when requesting access to Midway 2, 3, and MidwaySSD resources.
Storage (group shared drive)
- PIs receive 500GB of shared group storage in the initial PI account creation (step 1).
- PIs are eligible to request up to 1.5TB of storage from the SSD dedicated pool on Midway3 by contacting email@example.com (total of 2 TB = 1.5TB + 500GB) (after step 2).
- Additional storage may be purchased by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.